BASF Seasonal Technical Associate in Alberta, California
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Seasonal Technical Associate
Contract Duration – 4 months (May – August)
Location: looking for applicant across all regions of the province
Job duties include:
- -Organize and help manage large scale field trials
· Involves activities such as seeding, spraying and harvest operations, establishment and evaluation on 40 ac trials initiated by growers on crop protection products
- -Conduct evaluations in season including but not limited to:
· Plant vigor, establishment, plant count measurements and other observations
· Seed Treatment, Herbicide and Fungicide efficacy assessments
-Customer tours and presentations
-Operation of plot tractor and sprayer
- Responsible for transportation of equipment from site to site with a truck and flat deck trailer
- Professional conduct with direct interaction with growers and retail stakeholders
- Strong commitment to safety
I ngredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
Enrolled/recently completed an agriculture science or related degree program
Strong agronomic competence
High level of enthusiasm and strong communication skills
Strong commitment to learn and gain experience in technical development
Mobility to travel within your assigned region, manage your own schedule and work independently in pursuit of team goals
Manitoba Applicants require a Class 3 Endorsement on the Driver’s License (can be acquired in season).
Saskatchewan Applicants require a 5G Driver’s License (can be acquired in season).
Aberta – valid drivers licence required
Experience with the operation of farm equipment and sprayers is an asset
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: N-APN/MK-Agricultural Solutions Canada-63023204
Title: Seasonal Technical Associate
Requisition ID: 1902958