BASF Electrician in Attapulgus, Georgia
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Industrial Electrician (2000648) – Attapulgus, GA
The BASF Attapulgus, Georgia site manufactures catalyst for the global refining industry.
You will provide electrical support to BASF Attapulgus Operations with a Safety-First mindset. This role will be responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment in an industrial plant, including power distribution, motor controls, PLC’s, wiring and process controls, involving work of a varied nature with minimum supervision.
• Recognize and practice safe work habits in all facets of daily duties.
• Able to do normal lifting of heavy motors, circuit breakers, electrical cable, and other equipment utilized in the electrical industry.
• Ability to read and interpret charts, tables, drawings, symbols, and equipment manuals used in industry.
• Ability to use a multi-meter, clamp-on ammeter, and meg-ohmmeter in motor and control troubleshooting.
• Possess skills and ability to properly wire 3-phase, 240/460 volt nine-lead motors, and respective starters.
• Have working knowledge of relay logic, and able to wire I/O PLC systems per provided drawings.
• Able to problem solve in hazardous conditions with time demands.
• Able to identify important dimensions of a problem, determine potential causes, obtain relevant information, and specify alternate solutions.
• Lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying up to 25 lbs.
• Sitting, standing (in place), walking, and using arm/leg control
• Bending, kneeling, squatting, and crawling
• Wrist turning and finger manipulation
• Climb vertical, fixed ladders with ladder cages (up to 178 ft. structure)
• Climb portable step and extension ladders
• Push and pull up to 25 lbs.
• Twist, turn, and reach above shoulder level
• Simple to firm grasping
• Ability to work rotating shifts Monday – Sunday which includes 3 shifts
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma or GED and 15 years of experience as an Industrial Electrician OR 2-year Degree in Electrical or Electronics and 3 years of experience as an Industrial Electrician.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCP/RM-Production North America-63000104
Requisition ID: 2000648