BASF Packaging Team Lead in Bishop, Texas
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Packaging Team Lead (1804902) – Bishop, TX
As a valued member of Bishop Site team, you will be responsible for managing multiple priorities within the Package, Load, & Ship (PLS) department. This position directly supervises up to six operators (BASF & Contractors) and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and best practices. In this role you will be directly responsible for the overall performance of a shift or that of multiple lines.
You will be reporting to the Packaging, Loading & Shipping (PLS) Manager.
• Leveraging your professional experience in a supervisory/leadership role in a discrete manufacturing capacity, you will execute, coordinate, and manage daily shift activities related to the packaging of finished products, including direct supervision of the packaging rooms and warehouses.
• Leading a team of cross-functional employees, you will motivate, engage, and hold accountable the shift operators to ensure the plant is operated safely, and within environmental and quality guidelines.
• Successfully engaging across the organization, you will play a key role in driving standardization across shifts
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and general housekeeping guidelines along with rules for FDA manufacturing plant
• Your strong troubleshooting skills will be a valued asset and ability create work notification.
• Your commitment to workplace safety will be critical as you will be responsible for proper compliance around safety procedures such as Safe Work, Hot Work, LOTO, management of change, and incident reporting/investigation.
• Train new employees on unit activities.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For In You…
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum 2 years of Supervisory Experience
• Minimum 1 year of fork truck driving experience
• Minimum 2 years of packaging experience in a FDA or ISO regulated environment
• Demonstrate flexibility and openness to change
• Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Good understanding of ISO, GMP and FDA guidelines
• Operating PLC experience
• Knowledgeable the SAP process
• Competencies of accountability and ownership
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-ENP/PI-Operations Pharma Solutions/NA-63022976
Title: Packaging Team Lead
Requisition ID: 1804902