BASF Retail Connect Campaign Manager - Western Canada in Calgary, Alberta
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Retail Connect Campaign Manager - Western Canada - 1902232
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Retail Connect Marketing Manager position, within the Agricultural Division, offers a unique opportunity for a professional to combine their respective Account Management, Finance & logistics, crop protection product knowledge background to promote the industry leading innovation coupled with superior distribution services to the retail partners of BASF within the independent sales channel of Western Canada. The Retail Connect Marketing Manager is accountable of developing retail programs, new business opportunities, and by leading overall process and system improvement projects to maximize sales.
· Design and reconcile general Retail Connect and customized retail programs for selected key customers to optimize customer relationships, sales and profitability potential.
· Develop, manage and improve key Retail Connect processes such as account reconciliation process while ensuring to stay within the approved program budgets.
· Develop Retail Connect budget to achieve profit margins and programming objectives while in line with overall profitability strategy.
· Analyze market trends, competitors and develop product forecasts.
· Manage Retail Connect process, tools and sales developments.
Strategic Account Management
· Develop Retail Connect Strategy including Key customer strategies.
· Co-ordinate the collection and analysis of sales data specific to key customers for purposes of market share, grower segmentation, target lists and retail trends to aid Retail Connect Representatives in their strategic account management objectives.
Responsible to advertising, communication, management of the Retail Brand within the industry
Innovation & Product Line Knowledge
· Technically competent on the innovative BASF brands with the ability to understand & educate retailers on the use of new innovations and product features.
· Technically competent with a working knowledge of competitive brands and ability to present the value proposition of BASF brands in comparison to these competitive products.
Formula for Success :
· BA/BS in business, agriculture business or related discipline, required.
· Minimum 5 years of experience with relevant sales or distribution experience, required
· 2-3 years Marketing experience within Western Canadian ag chemical industry, preferred.
· A strong business acumen and demonstrated understanding of the agricultural market, specifically the relationship of the independent distribution with the retail partner within this market is required for the position.
· Demonstrated understanding of the retail partner network, and their business cycles, competitive relationships and environment.
· Incumbent must possess proven analytical skills, excellent communications and interpersonal skills, as well as be highly motivated and goal oriented, with a proven record of goal attainment.
· Ability for strategic thinking and planning skills required to insure overall independent distribution sales channel strategy can be accomplished by the Retail Connect Marketing Manager and their approach.
· Ability to self-manage time and resources and to allocate time and energy appropriately, resulting in achievement of goals.
· Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Willingness to embrace BASF CRM Systems.
· Willingness to travel overnight/weekly.
· Passionate about making a difference in the agriculture industry.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-APN/SA-Agricultural Solutions Canada-60000959
Title: Retail Connect Campaign Manager - Western Canada
Requisition ID: 1902232
Other Locations: CA-SK-Regina, CA-AB-Edmonton, CA-SK-Saskatoon, CA-British Columbia-Vancouver, CA-Manitoba-Winnipeg