BASF Stores Clerk in Chattanooga, Tennessee
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Formula for Success: You Will…
Maintain an adequate supply of spare parts inventory in a cost-effective manner for plant. Assist Engineering, Maintenance and Production Depts. in the procurement of stock, non-stock and emergency parts to insure consistent, uninterrupted plant operations including management of stores operations. Support production, maintenance, and accounting departments pertaining to goods and services for the plant via SAP data management. This job also has responsibility to perform site accounts payable functions such as managing direct pay invoices, SRM and Pro Card purchasing processes.
Responsibility and accountability includes, but is not limited to:
• Extensive use of SAP to requisition parts, receive parts, goods issue parts, inventory parts, change material masters, set-up material masters, delete parts, close work orders, SAP reporting, etc.
• Order production chemicals, raw and technical materials, and negotiate deliveries for site. Order drums, totes and other shipping material for Southern Chemical and Textile.
• Setup and maintain site material masters and renew long-term purchase orders for maintenance. Make changes and update material masters and info records as needed.
• Assist controlling by performing service entries for all services, managing direct pay invoices, following-up and resolving A/P action requests, resolving problems on open goods receipts, entering costs on monthly capital project report.
• Perform cyclical monthly inventory and Report monthly KPI’s to Corporate and Maintenance Manager.
• Procure items for Engineering, Maintenance, Production and Lab using the Purchasing Card; reconcile / maintain receiving documents to comply with auditing requirements.
• File and maintain ISO / PSM documents and equipment (foreign) files and maintain an easily retrievable system.
• Ensure “free bin” vendors are checking their inventory in a timely manner and report vendor problems on spreadsheet.
• Receives direct pay invoices for various purchases and site services and apply proper accounting codes and submit for payment.
• Keep the Web Cycle current for accounts payable to pay services and invoices they receive directly.
• Performs follow-up of outstanding action requests against invoices.
• Acts as backup for logistics functions.
• Establishes and manages direct pay invoices through utilization of SRM application.
• Support and continually apply all Quality Improvement, Safety, Ecology, and Legal Compliance, policies and procedures.
• Works independently but receives support from Site Controller, Logistics Manager, and Maintenance Manager.
• Has daily interface with maintenance mechanics on material issues and needs and assistance in resolving conflicts or special needs.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• High school diploma or GED.
• 2 years Computerized Storeroom Management system experience
• 1 year MS Office experience
• Detailed knowledge of SAP computer functions, including stores transactions, reporting, finance, purchasing, and MRO processes.
• Detailed knowledge of accounts payable, payroll, maintenance and purchasing/logistics procedures.
• Basic knowledge of plant equipment.
• Strong interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external contacts.
• Good organizational, housekeeping, and communication skills are vital.
• Ability to do basic mathematics.
• Working knowledge of personal computers and software packages.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-President's Office-60000001
Title: Stores Clerk
Requisition ID: 1803226