BASF Maintenance Technician in Freeport, Texas
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Maintenance Technician (1901100) – Freeport, TX
Perform duties to install, maintain and repair equipment at the BASF Freeport Chemical Plant. Tasks include process equipment installation, maintenance troubleshooting and repairs utilizing millwright skills in pipefitting, pneumatic, hydraulic, rigging, laser alignment and other millwright work on rotating equipment such as process machinery, pumps, agitators, grinders and conveyors. Assist other mechanics in mechanical assignments as required.
Our Equipment Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the repair and maintenance of all mechanical equipment including:
• Mechanical seals
• Gear boxes
• Drive couplings
• Extrusion equipment
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with maintenance supervision, other technicians, engineers and production personnel to design plant equipment and modifications
• Improve equipment reliability by maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting and utilizing all resources available. Findings reported to supervision with appropriate recommendations.
• Support, maintain and improve preventive maintenance and Mechanical Integrity Program to insure equipment reliability
• Will utilize shop equipment, e.g., band saw, drill press, grinders and power hand tools
• Actively participate in plant safety meetings. Works within BASF site and corporate procedures.
• Demonstrates a team-oriented demeanor conducive to all BASF goals
• Maintain good attendance history
• Strong communication, organization and time management skills
• On-call support for after-hours production demands to include working overtime and weekends when needed.
• The Maintenance Technician may drive a company vehicle and must possess a valid driver’s license
GENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Lift up to 50 lbs., carrying up to 25 lbs.
• Bending, kneeling, squatting, and crawling
• Wrist turning and finger manipulation
• Climb vertical, fixed ladders with ladder cages
• Climb portable step and extension ladders
• Push and pull up to 25 lbs.
• Twist, turn and reach above shoulder level
• Simple to firm grasping ability
• Work within confined spaces
The Equipment Maintenance Technician will work primarily day-shift working hours, with overtime and on-call availability as required.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of 5 years' working on rotating equipment
• Minimum of 5 years' of experience performing maintenance repairs on pumps, replacing seals, changing bearings, read a bearing chart, doing reverse alignment with dial indicators, or opta-line, measure with outside micrometer, dial calipers, inside micrometers and replacing motors.
• Minimum of 5 years' of experience reading mechanical blueprints
• Minimum of 3 years' of experience with email management (open, read, respond)
• AS Degree in a maintenance or repair related discipline
• Maintenance Trade School Certificate or Diploma
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-CMN/PA-Polyamide Value Chain Asset Mgt Freeport-63019180
Title: Maintenance Technician
Requisition ID: 1901100