BASF Production Technician Sr. in Freeport, Texas
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Production Technician Sr. (1805272) – Freeport, TX
An experienced Production Technician, reporting to the Shift Supervisor, performs shift Production Technician work activities. The primary focus of the experienced Production Technician is to perform assigned tasks and operate assigned systems to maintain a safe, compliant, and reliable plant that delivers the needs of the business.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Perform Production Technician activities in observance of safe work practices, environmental compliance, quality assurance, production targets, and housekeeping
· Support and participate in the MOC process
· Support and participate in the incident investigation process
· Perform activities, as directed, in the event of incidents or plant emergencies
· Perform and recommend equipment and process adjustments as needed based on key unit performance indicators
· Follow all unit procedures and support procedure updates
· Provide input to strategic support team for plant ideas and improvements
· Participate in reliability reviews and root cause failure analysis
· Participate in hands on training and mentoring of Production Technician trainees
· Provide input to the learning and development teams for developmental needs
· Support continuous improvement activities
· Provide continuous plant performance support to ensure that plant optimization targets are being met
· Participate in and lead equipment preparation and readiness for maintenance
· Maintain necessary training and qualifications
· Experience operating a Caprolactam plant is a desired.
The experienced Production Technician is responsible for safe and reliable operations of assigned systems and tasks in support of EHS, Production, and Maintenance activities that occur on shift by providing mentoring and recommending opportunities for optimization of production and processes.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience in working in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in using SAP.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Supervisory role.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-CMN/FA-Operations Freeport-63004952
Title: Production Technician Sr.
Requisition ID: 1805272