BASF QA Analyst in Freeport, Texas
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
QA Analyst (1900883) – Freeport, TX
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in all required site safety activities
• Follow site and business procedures as well as BASF Corporate policies
• Analyze controls, in-process and finished product samples as required, recording data in appropriate databases
• Conduct raw material testing in support of manufacturing operations
• Review LIMS data for correctness to ensure product quality and conformance to customer specifications
• Monitor data for deviations and trends, reporting excursions to appropriate personnel
• Identify opportunities for improvements to lab work practices and communicate them to supervision
• Perform proficiency testing as dictated by Global Quality and customer requirements
• Provide trial support and perform special projects as required
• Help to maintain ISO and QAKE 19 certifications and procedures
• Work with co-workers as a team to facilitate optimal operation of the laboratory
• Associates of Applied Sciences Degree or Laboratory Technology Degree
• Minimum of one (1) year standard laboratory analytical techniques and instrumentation experience.
• Good attendance, performance and safety record.
• Team player with good communication skills and attention to details
• Experience in QA and in working with other departments, i.e. production, logistics
• Ability to work unsupervised in an efficient manner.
• Minimum of one (1) year computer experience, Lotus Notes, Excel, Word, etc.
• Ability to work 12 hour rotating shift
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Experience with ISO standard
• Experience with solids handling testing
• Knowledge of LIMS, GC’s, HPLC’s and auto-titrators
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: NCF/FPL-Analytical Services / Freeport SAP Lab-63020353
Title: QA Analyst
Requisition ID: 1900883