BASF Precision Repair Shop Supervisor in Geismar, Louisiana
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Precision Repair Shop Supervisor (2002228) – Geismar, LA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to partner with Geismar Mechanical Services leadership to develop goals for the Site Precision Repair Shop execution team that support department, site and business unit objectives. In this role, you will drive implementation, monitor effectiveness, and take necessary actions to meet objectives. You will provide coaching and direction to ensure that the team successfully meet targets. Additionally, you will track team performance for success (KPIs / Metrics).
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education and work experience, you will facilitate the execution of the Site Precision Repair Shop work processes and activities. You will also provide overall leadership and direction to crafts for the safe and effective execution of work. This includes routine and emergency activities.
· Your unwavering commitment to workplace health and safety will be evident as you ensure the application of all safety rules, assuring shop personnel are aware of and employing safe working practices and promoting safety programs and behaviors.
· Your strong organizational skills will be essential as you ensure compliance to the weekly schedule by facilitating work execution productivity as measured by Time-on-Tools and remove barriers and obstacles encountered by the execution team to maximize productivity.
· Your effective communication skills will serve you well as you provide daily communications, via reports, oral, and written communication, on the status of machining, fabrication and repair activities in the shop, including job status information, incident/safety topics, production area interactions, best practices and feedback.
· Focused on continuous improvement, you will drive the use of LEAN manufacturing tools to identify waste and drive continuous improvement to enhance the overall repair shop work process and improve cost effectiveness and efficiency. Additionally, you will ensure consistent use of best practices within the execution team.
· Your strong leadership ability will be exercised as you provide detailed feedback, guidance and direction to Site Precision Repair Shop Planners, Schedulers, and Coordinators to optimize the overall repair shop work processes.
· Utilizing your robust troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, you will perform first line troubleshooting, repair consultation, machining consultation, fabrication consultation, and support for repair shop crafts. You will also use these skills as you participate in or lead Root Cause Analyses for incidents associated with the Site Precision Repair Shop.
· Successfully engaging outside the organization, you will coordinate the activities of 3rd party contractors or vendors as needed to support the ongoing activities within the Site Precision Repair Shop.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: GEN/OG-GEIS Engineering-63004475
Title: Precision Repair Shop Supervisor
Requisition ID: 2002228