BASF Production Engineer in Geismar, Louisiana
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Production Engineer (1901118) – Geismar, LA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for supporting the day to day operation of the respective plant that the position supports. You will provide technical support needed to execute the required production plan. This position requires strong leadership in the area of safe plant operation and adherence to BASF Process Safety rules and policies as well as applicable environmental regulations such as Title V, RCRA, HWC MACT, etc. where applicable. You will play an important role in driving standardization across shifts, optimizing fixed and variable unit costs, and working closely with other support groups like Maintenance to ensure that proper priorities are placed on items in the Maintenance backlog. You will be instrumental in leading troubleshooting efforts when problems arise and be a solution provider.
Formula for Success
· Demonstrating your technical knowledge, you will be responsible for critical PSM/RMP/RCMS elements and processes, MOC’s, PSSR’s, Interlock and Bypass Procedures, Safe Work Permit, Lockout Tagout, Operational Procedures, Confined Space, Employee Participation, and Hot Work.
· Your significant production experience will serve you well asyou ensure production meets CGMP requirements, including batch reviews.
· Relying on your strong attention to detail and teamworking ability, you will provide technical support and troubleshooting expertise to the Daily Operational Team for plant problems that occur.
· Leveraging your Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering Field (Chemical Engineering preferred) and your related experience, you will provide technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production, EHS, and Quality Incidents.
· Successfully engaging across the organization, you will coordinate with AE Mgmt. the scheduling / execution of inspection (SIS, PSV, NDE inspections, OCI’s, etc.) work and outages (including catalyst changes within the plants to minimize the impact to the business and or production plan).
· Utilizing your Work Management knowledge, you will assist the Asset Effectiveness team in the assignment of lost production via AE tool.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires all candidates to eithercurrently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation WorkerIdentification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Title: Production Engineer
Requisition ID: 1901118