BASF Electrician in Gordon, Georgia
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Formula for Success: You Will…
This position will provide expertise to the maintenance team to maintain electrical systems and equipment. Maintains a primary focus within maintenance, but can work with engineers and other such technicians/mechanics/engineers across the site to seek the best practices for electrical installations.
Responsibility and accountability includes, but is not limited to:
• Provide direct assistance in the troubleshooting of electrical system problems and initiate the repair.
• Interface with electrical vendors for maintenance and other related activities.
• Monitor Motor Control Center and equipment reliability and performance.
• Maintain a high level of technical expertise on electrical systems and standards.
• Work with the Team to generate cost savings ideas that reduce the Total Cost of Ownership
• Communicate daily with Plant Maintenance supervision and production personnel regarding work tasks related to maintenance of electrical systems.
• Will be required to keep current on electrical sytems and IEE regulations as it relates to plant engineering and maintenance.
• Interface with Operations, Engineers and Production Supervision. May also deal with vendors and outside engineering resources
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Good computer skills.
• A good understanding of working within the rules of safety and environmental policies.
• Ability work day shift but with understanding you may work nights and weekend overtime.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• High school education and 5 years of applicable experience in a manufacturing environment OR Electrical Technical degree preferred with a minimum of 2 years applicable experience.
• Relevant experience in Operations, Engineering, or Maintenance in the chemical industry or other manufacturing environments.
• Experienced in the operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of one or more of the following: electrical devices, electrical supplies, field instrumentation, control valves, process analyzers, process control systems.
• Ability to read and update electrical and instrument documents such as schematics, specifications, control diagrams, P&IDs, and one-line diagrams.
• Good working knowledge of manufacturing plant equipment and technologies.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-President's Office-60000001
Requisition ID: 2100879