BASF Coating Operator I in Huntsville, Alabama
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
At the BASF Huntsville Plant, we make the chemistry and technology used in vehicle catalytic convertors and other environmental products. As part of our team, employees help us conceive, design, implement and validate new equipment, technologies and processes to help make our world's environment cleaner. Our maintenance department plays a vital role in the success of our plant.
Heavy Duty Catalysts Coating Operator - Diesel (2000051) - Huntsville, AL
• Operators perform tasks on various coating machines.
• Assures coating slurry and raw substrates meet required specifications, starts
• equipment to transfer slurry to the coater machine.
• Sets scale limits and pump operation pressure to assure proper slurry supply to coating machine
• Enters production information into computer for lot packages, downtime sheets and SAP
• Follows work instructions, and specification sheets, sets and controls coating machines to regulate speed of coating, flow of chemical slurries, and temperature of drying ovens to maintain specified customer quality requirements
• Utilizes work instructions to guide and troubleshoot coater systems and make appropriate adjustments to assure proper coater operation
• Cleans and maintains coating machines and associated feed tanks, plumbing and pumps
• Properly completes administrative entries associated with coater operations such as Process Lot Tickets, standard process control charts and other operations forms.
• Loads substrates onto a line or packs substrates into boxes
• Utilizes a forklift to maneuver parts/materials in the area
• Screens parts for quality issues
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For In You…
• High School Diploma/GED
• Minimum 2 years of manufacturing experience
• Prefer some Math and science background
• Must be able to operate machines of medium complexity, often including use of intermediate computer skills
• Must demonstrate enhanced trouble shooting skills within their assigned process.
• Must demonstrate the ability to handle multi-task assignments
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations while performing tasks which may require multiple steps
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCE/NPP-GBU Environmental Technologies-63022308
Title: Coating Operator I
Requisition ID: 2000051