BASF Contact Supervisor in Huntsville, Alabama
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2021. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Contact Supervisor – Light Duty (2101699) – Huntsville, AL
You will be assigned a 12-hour shift and may be assigned nights and/or days, or rotate after periods of time.
Formula for Success: You Will…
• Lead and supervise employees to ensure all housekeeping and safety policies and procedures are understood and followed. Take immediate steps to correct any unsafe working conditions.
• Control company products and resources to prevent loss and keep cost at a minimum.
• Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems, according to company policies and procedures.
• Participate in hiring process to include screening and interviewing candidates and making recommendations for hire.
• Ensures team meets department goals such as: productivity, first time through (FTT), rework, scrap, precious metal control and deliverables.
• Enable team to become more self-sufficient through providing training and leadership, and in coaching team members to assume more responsibilities.
• Pursue continuous improvement in assigned area of the department.
• Complete performance evaluations, attendance records and payroll process for assigned employees.
• In conjunction with Shift Manager, will interview, investigate, and resolve disciplinary issues up to and including making recommendations for termination of employment.
• In conjunction with Shift Manager, plans material, resources, staffing, and flow of materials/work etc. through department and ensures new technology, process and/or procedures are smoothly transferred into daily activities.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills and excellent math skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to perform successfully in a fast paced, highly motivated environment.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum 5 years manufacturing work experience required; military experience will also be considered.
• Minimum 1 year supervisory experience in a manufacturing or military setting is required.
• Experience in catalyst manufacturing is a strong plus.
• Bachelors Degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCE/PN-GBU Environmental Technologies-63026879
Title: Contact Supervisor
Requisition ID: 2101699