BASF DOT-FAA Welder II in Huntsville, Alabama
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Welder II (1902543) – Huntsville, AL
BASF is a leading supplier and technology leader in the aircraft ozone converter market. BASF, Huntsville Site is an Original Equipment Manufacturer for Ozone converter for many different airlines. As the OEM for Ozone converters all converters must be welded to the AWS D17.1 1 fusion welding for Aerospace applications. This position is an entry level position for an Aerospace Welder.
• Fabricates and assembles custom metal products. Welds different alloy metal components together with GTAW process equipment to fabricate OEM Aircraft components.L
• Lays out metal stock or work-pieces to indicate location, dimensions, and tolerances necessary for further processing.
• Reads and applies blueprints, sketches, models, or other written specifications to identify and mark component reference points and compute layout dimensions to build, and check custom work pieces and assemblies.
• Sets indicators on height gauge, protractor, and layout machines to computed dimensions, or projects dimensions by setting indicators to specified locations on model and moving instrument or machine so that indicators bear on corresponding locations on work-piece.
• Uses measuring instruments such as gauge blocks, height gauges, and dial indicators to examine work-pieces to verify such requirements as dimensions, proper angles and specifications.
• Operates machines such as arbor presses, GTAW processes and spot welding machines, to assemble work pieces and sub components and performs related tasks such as cutting and grinding.
• Assembles metal sub components using GTAW processes (TIG) to hold close tolerances.
• Performs GTAW process in a fabrication and production environment.
• Operates machines such as shears, cutoff saws, brakes, punch press, form roll and drill press, to cut and shape components to specified dimensions.
• Sets up work pieces using clamps and other temporary fixtures to fabricate metal catalyst assembly products in pre-weld preparation
• Must be able to operate machines of medium and complexity and have at least intermediate computer skills.
• Must demonstrate enhanced trouble shooting skills within their assigned process.
• Must demonstrate the ability to handle multi-task assignments
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations while performing tasks which may require multiple steps
• Demonstrated enhanced math and/or science ability
• Must have the ability to be certified/qualified to welding standard AWS D17.1 fusion welding for Aerospace applications
• Must pass all D17.1 coupon tests.
• Must be able to pass Color Vision test
• Must pass all required "Safety Sensitive' tests as required by the FAA
• A pre-employment drug test will be performed for the presence of marijuana, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine (PCP) and amphetamines if selected for this position
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma/GED
• 2 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Minimum of 5 years experience with GTAW welding process
• Certified/qualified to welding standard AWS D9.1:M/D9.1:2000 for sheet metal
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCN-GBU Environmental Technologies-63006026
Title: DOT-FAA Welder II
Requisition ID: 1902543