BASF Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineer - Iselin, NJ in Iselin, New Jersey
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineer (2002726) – Iselin, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to serve as an Instrumentation/Control Systems Engineer at our Iselin, NJ site. This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate your experience in writing well-structured code for programmable controllers in IEC61131-3 standard languages. You will also share your ability to develop sophisticated SCADA applications for controlling instruments, monitoring of experiments, alarming, data collection and presentation. Additionally, you will have the ability to showcase your understanding of RS-232/422/485 serial communication protocols, industrial field bus networks, OSI model, and OPC standards.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education and experience in Engineering or a related discipline, you will design and lead the development of new control systems for automation of various laboratory instruments and process equipment.
· Your well-developed troubleshooting skills of electrical and electronic equipment and ability to diagnose computer and network related issues will be essential as you troubleshoot, maintain and modify existing electrical and automation system.
· Working collaboratively with Process Engineers and Scientists, you will define and accomplish project goals and specifications.
· Demonstrating your understanding of typical process control techniques such as PID, cascaded master/slave, split range, and model predictive control, you will provide technical direction, advice and consultancy support on electrical, process control and automation related topics.
· Your sound leadership and management ability will be a valued asset as you cultivate external resources to achieve project goals, organize and safely manage contractors.
· Your strong commitment to workplace safety will be evident as you understand local and national safety standards and collaborate in hazard risk analysis and safety assessments.
· Your proficiency in using AutoCAD to develop and maintain electrical drawings and P&I diagrams will serve you well as you maintain and develop appropriate engineering drawings, design specifications and operating instructions.
· Utilizing your proven experience in designing, implementing, programming and commissioning PLC, DCS and SCADA based control systems, you will specify and purchase electrical equipment, control system hardware, software and instrumentation.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: RCC/OI-Infrastructure / Engineering-63020079
Title: Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineer - Iselin, NJ
Requisition ID: 2002726