BASF Warehouse Lead / Logistics Technician in Lubbock, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Seed Site Logistics Technician – Buffalo Springs, TX (2002125)
We are seeking a Seed Site Logistics Technician to join our Seeds and Traits business.
As a Seed Site Logistics Technician, you will be responsible for leading the daily activities of the fuzzy cotton seed warehouse.
Formula for Success: You Will…
• Work closely with the Site Manager to utilize company assets by sharing personnel and peak workload shifts between warehouses due to the progression of seasonal activities
• Interact with QA personnel, office personnel and truckers in shipping and receiving of bulk inventory
• Assist in training warehouse contractual personnel in procedures to accomplish segregation of varieties in bulk storage
• Be responsible for accuracy of paperwork involving shipping, storage and inventory
• Repair any damaged buildings and equipment in a prompt manner
• Make sure all trucks are loaded in a timely manner, ensuring the accuracy of each load
• Assist in carrying out routine maintenance of warehouses
• Fill out variety clean inspection reports sheets for loaders
• See that warehouse employees follow all safety guidelines and warehouses are kept clean and free of debris
• Assist in all areas of the site as needed
• Knowledge of warehouse procedures and heavy equipment, with the mechanical ability to troubleshoot and conduct equipment repairs
• Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel and data base management
• Attention to detail in monitoring quality aspects of fuzzy seed
• Willing and able to obtain a CDL license
• Willing and able to adjust and be flexible for potential schedule/shift changes;
• Able to follow direction and adhere to written procedures, and to make good, sound decisions; Effective communication and people skills; Demonstrated team-oriented abilities; Sound organizational skills and sound work ethic
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma or GED
• 3 years of experience in warehouse/inventory control, quality control or related experience such as farming and/or manufacturing work
Prior leadership or supervisor work experience
CDL A license
Associates or Bachelors degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-APU/NOO-North America Cotton Operations-63022004
Title: Warehouse Lead / Logistics Technician
Requisition ID: 2002125
Other Locations: US-Texas