BASF Administrative Assistant - Operations in Malcom, Iowa
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens...
Administrative Assistant - Operations – 1902736 – Malcom, IA
• Liaison between Production, Logistics and Supply Chain Teams to ensure paper work (plant schedule creation, batch sheet creation, batch sheet scan / electronic filing, labels, etc.) is being processed and made readily available for Production Team on a daily basis.
• Responsible for management of incoming raw material receiving inventory in SAP.
• Primary support and backfill for Logistics Support Teams at Grinnell and Brooklyn.
• Secondary support and backfill for Logistics Technician Teams at Grinnell, Brooklyn, and Malcom.
• Assist Engineering Team on projects with data collection and analysis, such as Asset Effectiveness and other lean management objectives.
• Collaborates with LDC on development and implementation of effective refresher skills training for all the Operational Teams.
• Collaborates with Operations Manager to establish short and long term operating objectives, monitor operating budgets and strategies, to efficiently run all Operational Teams.
• Participate in Quality Non-Conformance Management problem-solving to maintain high consistent quality of production.
• Quality ISO Certification contact person for the Production Team on batching procedures.
• Complete monthly Malcom Site Waste & Recycling Recovery Report.
• Provide leadership and or support to Site Teams as directed by management
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School or GED
• 1 year of experience with MS Office Word, Excel and Power Point
• Experience with SAP
• Forklift experience
• CDL experience
• Three to five years’ manufacturing experience desired
• Experience with Materials Management desired
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: N-PMN/OS-Business Mgmt PU Systems-63012350
Title: Administrative Assistant - Operations
Requisition ID: 1902736