BASF Maintenance Technician Level II in Malcom, Iowa
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maintenance Technician II - Malcom, IA
• Responsible for maintaining, rebuilding, and repairing a wide variety of production, processing machines and equipment
• Strong mechanical skill sets, including welding, fabrication, and pipefitting skills.
• Uses hand tools, power tools, and testing instruments for repairs and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
• Uses measurement devices, calipers, and micrometers to inspect machine parts.
• General knowledge of electrical equipment, wire and component sizing, and electric meter usage.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair 0-480v electrical systems.
• Basic understanding of electrical controls.
• Support non-production maintenance and repair
• Supports site by covering for unplanned and planned shift maintenance absences
• Participates in Incident investigations AIMs, Root Cause Analysis RCA, and Management of Change MOC
• Actively supports safety teams
• Proactively finds ways to improve plant uptime while performing PM’s
• Makes recommendations to improve existing equipment and PM’s.
• Contacts suppliers for troubleshooting/repair assistance
• Complete maintenance work orders and enter PM finding in SAP
• Required to contribute to and complete construction (capital type) projects as assigned
• Responsible for preventative and predictive maintenance activities
• Minimize downtime of plant equipment through the effective use of I&E Electrical/Electronic maintenance skills
•Responsible for following EHS policies and practices always
• Responsible for system and component troubleshooting and repair of production and site equipment
• Responsible for rebuilding and/or maintaining a wide variety of production and site equipment
• Responsible for providing training to new and existing production employees as required
• Responsible for keeping current on technological changes with equipment and BASF corporate electrical policies / procedures
• Complete assigned ‘action items’ from Management of Change, RCA events.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty-five (55) pounds with or without assistance
• Day shift: Monday – Friday and work overtime as needed
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School diploma or GED
• 2 years of industrial experience
• Basic computer skills are required
• 2 - 4 years of experience in maintenance repair in an industrial environment
• Working knowledge of pumps, gear reductions, and motors
• Ability to weld, read prints, drawings, and schematic diagrams
• A.S. degree in a technical field or related technical certificate in lieu of 2 years of experience
• SAP experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-PMN/OSM-Ops PMU Malcom-63014125
Title: Maintenance Technician Level II
Requisition ID: 2201469