BASF Chemical Operator in Mauldin, South Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Chemical Operator – 1903948 – Mauldin, SC
As a Chemical Operator, you will assist higher-level operators in all phases of production work.
Common examples of daily job tasks are the following:
• Batch manufacture including weighing and charging raw materials handling acids and caustics, operation of the DCS control system
• Unloading raw materials from tankers, railcars, and ISO containers to vessels and tanks
• Transferring products from vessels to storage tanks, tanks, etc. drumming,
• Operating a fork truck to transfer material and performing housekeeping items.
• Type of work involves complex chemical reactions and operations with various types of equipment located on many levels, which requires a high degree of concentration during various phases of the operation.
• Operating procedures vary batch-to-batch and product-to-product and must be carefully followed to produce on spec material
• Attention to detail must be given to job tasks and to recording batch information
• Must be willing to work 12-hour rotating shifts switching monthly from day/night shifts (05:45 AM to 06:00 PM and 05:45PM to 06:00AM) and periodically required overtime
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High school diploma or GED
• 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment
• Associate’s Degree from a recognized technical/community college
• Previous batch chemical experience strongly preferred
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EMN/OS-Care Production Mauldin-63002628
Title: Chemical Operator
Requisition ID: 1903948