BASF Senior EH&S Specialist (McIntosh, AL) in McIntosh, Alabama
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Senior EH&S Specialist ( 1903394 ) – McIntosh, AL
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF is seeking professional like you to drive and promote our EH&S program management and initiatives by ensuring that regulations and workplace safety standards comply in accordance to corporate and regulatory requirements for our manufacturing sites and communities.
Formula for Success
• Proactivity and Ownership are a must as you will lead projects and activities to help our site continuously improve and achieve our goal of World-Class EHS performance. You will proactively identify and prioritize opportunities, develop sustainable solutions, execute operational plans, and effectively manage business relationships.
• Leveraging your educational and/or professional background, you will provide environmental (air, water, and waste) technical and regulatory expertise to site location(s), support the Management of Change (MoC) process, conduct incident or accident investigations, lead responsible management of corporate, local, state and federal programs and initiatives to improve workplace operations and control hazards (e.g. Clean Air Act (CAA), Risk Management Planning (RMP), Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)).
• Your analytical and problem-solving abilities will be essential as you navigate complex audit, compliance, and regulatory processes while managing competing priorities.
• Your interpersonal skills, engagement and customer focus will be vital as you collaborate and interface with business partners and functional teams where the ability to gain cooperation and find the best solution is critical.
• Developing effective working relationships with site management, employees, and the EHS community will drive continuous improvement in environmental performance.
• Maintain and monitor environmental compliance programs while optimizing effectiveness and efficiency of the programs, maintain written environmental policies and procedures, lead and/or participate in process review activities and participate in technical review of process changes as necessary.
• Interface with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues.
Create Your O wn Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Organization: N-EVP/OM-McIntosh Site Administration-60000178
Title: Senior EH&S Specialist (McIntosh, AL)
Requisition ID: 1903394