BASF Business Representative (12-18 month Contract) in Mississauga, Ontario
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2018, as well as one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2018.
Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future.
AgriculturalBusiness Representative- Central Ontario (12-18 Month Contract)
The Business Representative position, within our Agricultural Solutions Division, offers a unique opportunity for a professional to combine their respective sales and technical background to promote BASF’s industry leading innovations to retail and grower customers.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager- Eastern Canada, the Business Representative is accountable for driving accelerated sales growth and servicing of BASF’s products and developing, cultivating, and maintaining business relationships with an established network of retails.
Working from your home office, you will be accountable for attaining sales targets within a defined geographic territory. This majority of business in the Central Ontario Territory resides in the following counties – York, Durham, Northumberland, Peterborough, Hastings, Prince Edward, Lennox & Addington, Frontenac, Lanark and Leeds & Grenville and covers the geography from approximately Orangeville to Ottawa.
Please Note: This is a 12-18 monthcontract position and is scheduled to commence in September of 2019.
Specifically, you will be accountable to:
· Attain the designated Product on Ground sales goals of strategic products, as outlined in the performance planning process, within the defined geographic territory.
· Conduct field level market development of applicable products, performing various activities which include, but are not limited to, Retailer training, Retail sales calls, targeted Grower sales calls, targeted Retail and Grower meetings and tours and attend industry trade shows.
· Manage and resolve retail and grower product inquiries in a timely and professional manner. Utilize the database to target, update and record information and plan activities pertaining to retailers and growers.
· Operate the defined geographic territory within specified expense budgets which include Travel and Living Allowance, Territory Initiatives, Target Customer Meetings and Tours, and utilizing these initiatives to build customer relationships.
The successful candidate will have:
· A passion for making a positive difference in the Agriculture industry
· A University degree in Agriculture or related Science, Business or Commerce, along with a minimum of 3-5 years of directly related experience
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop meaningful, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates.
· Possess strong oral and written communication and presentation skills including working experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Willingness to travel overnight on a regular basis
· Ability to self-manage time and priority allocation skills resulting in the achievement of sales goals.
· Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) or Certified Crop Science Consultant (CCSC) qualification desirable
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform essential duties of the job upon accommodations. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-APN/SA-Agricultural Solutions Canada-60001721
Title: Business Representative (12-18 month Contract)
Requisition ID: 1901525