BASF Lab Technician in Palmyra, Missouri
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Lab Technician – Palmyra, MO
Formula for Success: You Will…
• Precise and Efficient analysis of production in-process, raw material, and final product samples while utilizing sophisticated analytical instruments and methodologies.
• Troubleshooting of analytical instruments along with minimal maintenance of analytical instruments.
• Day to day interactions with production personal to troubleshoot with unexpected analytical results.
• Work safely using personal protective equipment and follow all safety procedures.
• Ability to follow written instructions.
• Attention to detail and understanding of the testing parameters of individual samples.
• Fast and consistent sample analysis.
• Accurate reporting in LIMS (LARS).
• Consistent use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and safety procedures.
• Maintenance of analytical instruments to maintain consistent analytical results.
The work schedule for this position is a 12 hour rotating shift.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You at BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you at BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For In You…
• High School diploma or GED
• Analytical or environmental lab experience
• Experience with HPLC, GC and physical property tests
• College level chemistry incl laboratory (1 yr)
• Computer skills (ie, Microsoft Office)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: APT/AHQ-QA/QC Hannibal-63012152
Title: Lab Technician
Requisition ID: 2001399