BASF Reliability Engineer in Palmyra, Missouri
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Reliability Engineer (2002546) – Hannibal, MO
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise and guidance concerning plant reliability to assigned areas of the site. You will be responsible for collaboration with Production, Maintenance and Engineering personnel to optimize Predictive and Preventative Maintenance activities. You will employ programs such as Root Cause Failure Analysis, Criticality Analysis, and Bad Actor Management to guide and focus efforts to strengthen the reliability of the sites production plants.
Formula for Success
· Your bachelor’s degree (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering preferred) and experience in the fields of maintenance, instrumentation, reliability and/or crop protection chemical manufacturing will be valued assets as you provide technical support and subject matter expertise for the diagnosis, repair and care of site process equipment.
· Your ability to communicate effectively up, down and across the site organization will be essential in gathering and disseminating information and maintaining awareness of and attention to emerging issues and their solutions.
· Your knowledge and experience with various types of mechanical equipment will enable you to provide valuable troubleshooting and problem-solving solutions to operating units and maintenance.
· Possessing a keen attention to detail, you will use your knowledge of operating parameters to establish, monitor and optimize cost-effective Predictive and Preventative Maintenance plans.
· Your perseverance and dedication will be essential in maintaining the momentum of reliability-based improvement programs with broad site involvement and impact.
· The curiosity and desire for learning that drive you will lend themselves to sustainable solutions by thorough facilitation of Root Cause Failure Analysis.
· Your strong organizational skills will be critical as you identify, track and resolve issues across different plants and operational groups.
· Applying your knowledge of and interest in technology, you will apply the most up to date and efficient means of monitoring, analyzing, prioritizing and correcting reliability bottlenecks.
· Your awareness of and adherence to all applicable regulations and governing guidance will ensure the continued compliance and integrity of the site’s assets and equipment.
· Your networking and technical communication skills will allow you to engage offsite BASF technical communities and expert resources as well as 3 rd Party resources to identify and apply the best reliability solutions.
For further information on Agricultural Products with BASF, please visit: BASF: Create Chemistry with the Agricultural Products Division (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNOSoxx2r8c&feature=youtu.be)
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: APT/AH-HAN Site Management-63023209
Title: Reliability Engineer
Requisition ID: 2002546