BASF I/E Maintenance Supervisor in Pasadena, Texas
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
I&E Maintenance Supervisor - 1803367 - Pasadena, TX
This position is responsible for the safety, quality, and cost-effective execution of I/E/A work activities by directing I/E/A craft resources and removing barriers to facilitate work execution productivity for routine, and outage maintenance. This position is also responsible for providing I/E/A technical support to maintenance as well as other departments.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Direct I/E/A craft resources in routine and outage maintenance activities.
· Drive implementation, monitor effectiveness, and take necessary actions to meet objectives.
· Ensure compliance with all safety, environmental, and regulatory policies and procedures including refrigeration management.
· Ensure work execution efficiency and effectiveness.
· Manage work backlog and provide accurate and timely updates
· Provide planning and material requisitioning assistance as required.
· Manage day to day I/E/A maintenance activities during routine and outage maintenance.
· Ensure compliance with the weekly generated schedule.
· Ensure all safety rules are followed and train assigned resources in the designated policies and procedures.
· Provide daily communications on the status of maintenance work as well as provide technical expertise to improve equipment performance.
· Provide planning and material purchasing for I/E/A work. Work with site planners to ensure work orders have accurate plans. Update work backlog in SAP regularly.
· Ensure assigned craft resources, both BASF and contract, have the appropriate skill set and training prior to beginning work.
· Monitor and report defined maintenance metrics and KPIs.
· Responsible for the HVAC equipment and management of the refrigerant usage as well as regulatory reporting of refrigerant usage through Dakota.
· Monitor inventory, spare parts, and Bill of Materials to ensure accuracy and implement improvements.
· Coordinate and oversee outside contractors coming on site to support I/E/A work.
· Provide regular feedback and execute performance management process for all technician reporting to the Supervisor.
· Participate in and lead root cause failure analysis.
· Maintains effective and regular communications with Maintenance and Operations Coordinators to ensure timely feedback regarding progress and performance.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
All positions at Pasadena, TX require all candidates to either possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Minimum of high school education or GED
5 years’ experience in a petrochemical/refining instrumentation and/or electrical maintenance role.
Associates degree in instrumentation and/or electrical maintenance. Experience in petrochemical instrumentation and/or electrical maintenance may be used in lieu of an Associates Degree.
Knowledge and experience with the SAP maintenance module
Knowledge and experience of InTools
Proficient with computer systems and associated software
Strong planning and organization skills.
Strong oral and written communication and listening skills. Broad based hands on knowledge and experience with various types of instrument and electrical systems, equipment, and software.
Demonstrated solid understanding of maintenance work processes.
Experience with SIS documentation and testing requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-CPN/OP-Pasadena Site-63000659
Title: I/E Maintenance Supervisor
Requisition ID: 1803367