BASF Executive Administrative Assistant in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. Forbes Magazine have recognized BASF as one of America’s Best Diversity Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Executive Administrative Assistant – 1903416 – Research Triangle Park, NC
The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for keeping the Global P&SS and APN P&SS organizations running smoothly and effectively in a complex, matrixed, Global and North America environment. The successful candidate for this role will serve as the main point of contact between senior leaders, people managers, employees, business partners, suppliers and customers. To excel in this role, you must have a strong sense of judgement, be detail-orientated and demonstrate the ability to adapt to change.
· Manage and maintain complex calendars, support planning and coordinating of meetings/travel (domestic and international)
· Plan all internal and external meetings; manage the agenda, logistics, presentations and related projects; including set up and coordination of internal and external events, such as conferences, employees’ fairs and meetings
· Regularly interface with internal management and staff to complete tasks
· Professionally interact with external and internal parties
· Responsible for all purchase orders, invoice management and recurring reconciliations
· Prepares grammatically correct correspondence, reports, tables, and analysis
· Manage documents on databases like Sharepoint for Global and APN Leadership teams
· Generate and format presentations
· Generate and processes expense reports
· Track and reconcile ongoing action item log
· Handles confidential information, using judgment, and discretion
· Assists additional team members domestic and worldwide with administrative duties as needed
· Other general support, including but not limited to, making copies, faxing, mail coordination, file organization, submit maintenance requests, ordering office supplies, and catering orders for events
· Support RTP events and site(s) needs as required
· Active participant in the Administrative Professionals community
· Project assistant for ad-hoc requests
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Attention to detail
· Excellent work ethic and positive attitude; ability to work as a team
· Good sense of judgment
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively
· Exercise discretion when handling confidential material and information
· Proactively communicate timetables for completion of tasks
· Demonstrated ability to navigate organization with minimal direction, in support of completing tasks
· Flexibility to work in a fast pace changing environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills Qualifications
· Must have ability to quickly learn and use latest internal electronic systems
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· High School Diploma/GED with 10 years’ experience supporting executives OR Bachelors Degree with 6 years’ experience supporting executives
· Intermediate – advance in working with MS Office tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: ADSU - Admin. & Office Support
Organization: APM/N-Business Management Non-Crop-63011275
Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Location: NC-Research Triangle Park
Requisition ID: 1903416