BASF Quality Control Method Development Scientist - San Diego, CA in San Diego, California
BASF’s Bioscience division prides itself as a unique and innovative piece of the global BASF enterprise. With over 150 years of history, BASF has proven to be a thought-leader and visionary moving forward to create chemistry for a sustainable future.
The Enzymes team, located predominately in San Diego, has an environment and culture that puts employees first, allowing for personal flexibility and offers a benefits program that is robust and rewarding. Couple that with the organizations reputation of continued global growth, and the full total rewards as a BASF employee are hard to be matched.
Our research focus is simply stated: We create chemistry for a sustainable future. As a global organization, our employees have a world of opportunity at their fingertips- literally. The pillars of success for BASF Bioscience are as follows:
Connecting people and their passion for bioscience with a structured, engaged, and empowered team while allowing for them to find the work life balance needed to connect with loved ones at home and outside of work priorities/activities. Find yourself in the career you’ve dreamed of with the balance you require.
Engaging employees to build a high-performance culture that will drive long-term success for themselves and the company, with an open door to many business units and locations around the world. We offer global development opportunities, as well as, encourage relationship building across the organization.
Caring about one another, our customers and stakeholders, and our communities and environment. As part of the BASF Bioscience team, it is our duty to ensure we are driving thoughtful and meaningful innovations for the future. In fact, it stretches beyond our duty…it’s our passion.
Putting lifelong learning first by offering a wide range of career development opportunities. This will not be like working at your typical R&D or biotech company. We offer numerous training and development courses, tuition reimbursement, and endorsements for our employees to heighten their career aspirations.
Quality Control Method Development Scientist (1901186) – San Diego, CA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a talented professional like you to join our QA/QC Department in San Diego, CA. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall development, implementation, and validation of methods used to test and characterize enzyme products and developmental projects. You will have the opportunity to interact with colleagues in Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Regulatory, Process Development and R&D.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your educational background in Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline combined with your professional experience in enzyme method development, you will develop new methods or improve existing methods used for in-process monitoring, product release and regulatory compliance. You will see that the developed resulting methods ensure relevance to the enzyme application performance.
· Your robust analytical skills will be critical as you develop and improve methods used for other tests such as DNA and microbiological detection/isolation.
· Utilizing your talents in flexibility and creativity, you will apply a detailed scientific approach to multi-task, achieve targets and integrate new ideas within existing assays and development of new assays to meet tight deadlines.
· Successfully engaging across the organization, you will communicate across the project teams to ensure clear expectations of stakeholders for when results will be delivered.
· Working diligently in a multidisciplinary and fast paced environment (independently and in a team setting), you will provide results in a set timeframe.
· As a role model, you will conduct methodology transfers or training to other team members and facilities.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: G-ENB/OQ-Quality Management Enzymes-63010591
Title: Quality Control Method Development Scientist - San Diego, CA
Location: CA-San Diego
Requisition ID: 1901186