BASF Scientist II - Fermentation in San Diego, California
BASF’s Bioscience division prides itself as a unique and innovative piece of the global BASF enterprise. With over 150 years of history, BASF has proven to be a thought-leader and visionary moving forward to create chemistry for a sustainable future.
The Enzymes team, located predominantly in San Diego, has an environment and culture that puts employees first, allowing for personal flexibility and offers a benefits program that is robust and rewarding. Couple that with the organization’s reputation of continued global growth, and the full total rewards as a BASF employee are hard to be matched.
Our research focus is simply stated: We create chemistry for a sustainable future. As a global organization, our employees have a world of opportunity at their fingertips- literally. The pillars of success for BASF Bioscience are as follows:
· Connecting people and their passion for bioscience with a structured, engaged, and empowered team while allowing for them to find the work life balance needed to connect with loved ones at home and outside of work priorities/activities. Find yourself in the career you’ve dreamed of with the balance you require.
· Engaging employees to build a high-performance culture that will drive long-term success for themselves and the company, with an open door to many business units and locations around the world. We offer global development opportunities, as well as encourage relationship building across the organization.
· Caring about one another, our customers and stakeholders, and our communities and environment. As part of the BASF Bioscience team, it is our duty to ensure we are driving thoughtful and meaningful innovations for the future. In fact, it stretches beyond our duty…it’s our passion.
· Putting lifelong learning first by offering a wide range of career development opportunities. This will not be like working at your typical R&D or biotech company. We offer numerous training and development courses, tuition reimbursement, and endorsements for our employees to heighten their career aspirations.
Scientist II – FermentationTechnologies (1805622) – San Diego, CA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are looking for a Scientist II for our Fermentation Technologies group in the R&D department. The Scientist II will be responsible for supporting projects related to process development for novel enzyme products with a focus on industrial enzyme fermentation and recovery.
In addition, the Scientist II will have the opportunity to learn and apply advanced bioprocess development concepts independently, transfer technologies to other in-house teams and will interface extensively with upstream and downstream teams.
Formula for Success: You Will…
• Use your advanced educational background in Chemical Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or a closely-related discipline to design, execute, and analyze fermentation experiments under the guidance of senior scientific staff
• Apply your experience in biotechnology to execute independent bench-scale experiments and projects to support fermentation, and/or material generation efforts
• Contribute to daily operations of the fermentation team including fermenter preparation, setup and breakdown, and fermenter operation
• Utilize on a daily basis your hands-on experience with unit operations (fermentation, filtration, centrifugation), understanding of basic engineering concepts and their application to biological systems, and aseptic culturing of microbial organisms (cell culture or fermentation)
• Required to have experience with fermenter and bioreactor setup and operation
• Assist in the development and improvement of laboratory infrastructure and protocols
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Thrive in a team oriented environment where you can be self-motivated and use your excellent communication skills, attention to detail, organization, and time management skills to be a successful member of the Fermentation technologies group.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What WeOffer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: RBW/N-White Biotechnology-60000188
Title: Scientist II - Fermentation
Location: CA-San Diego
Requisition ID: 1805622