BASF Agronomy Technician (8 Month Contract) in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
· Accountable to the Program Leader/Wheat Breeder this position completes assigned day-to-day activities that support the various processes of the breeding program such as greenhouse, agronomy or laboratory operations.
• Primary responsibility will be breeding operations including both greenhouse and field activities relating to inbred and hybrid variety development from seeding to harvest.
• Involved in plant/crop health diagnosis through monitoring of greenhouse, field, and research plots
• Assist with collection of trial/project notes such as disease and other agronomic traits to assist Wheat Breeder in making selections
• Provide assistance to Technicians in setting up and completion of projects such as seed set up and application of treatments, germination, filling pots and trays, material maintenance, harvesting, and threshing.
• Provide assistance to the Technicians in the maintenance of equipment.
• Assist in other program operations (field, pathology, molecular lab) as required.
• Ensure compliance and participation of Safety, Stewardship and Regulatory policies, while setting high standards of professional conduct.
· Individual may be pursuing a diploma or degree in Agriculture or have previous experience in either a greenhouse or research environment
· Good communication skills with the ability to take initiative and work in a team environment.
· Knowledge or experience with the general care and maintenance of plants and/or crops.
· Basic computer/data entry skills.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: APP/BW-Wheat Breeding-63022073
Title: Agronomy Technician (8 Month Contract)
Requisition ID: 1900326