BASF Maintenance I/E Technician in Sparks, Georgia
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Maintenance I/E Technician – 2002627 – Sparks, GA
BASF's Crop Protection Site in Sparks, Georgia is seeking a Maintenance I/E Technician who has the skills necessary to install, maintain, and troubleshoot site instrumentation, control systems, and electrical equipment in order to provide safe operation with maximum production availability. The candidate will report to and receive work assignments, priorities, etc. from the Maintenance Supervisor.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Complete required repairs and tasks to instruments, controls, and electrical systems in an efficient, timely manner in order to restore or maintain safe operating capability.
• Install and verify new instrument, control and electrical systems according to vendor specifications and maintenance procedures using drawings, manuals, or blueprints.
• Recommend changes to existing instruments, controls, electrical systems or equipment in order to improve reliability, accuracy, or further optimize processes.
• Recommend tools, equipment or methods to improve the safety and timeliness of system repairs.
• Communicate any alterations to existing instrument, control, or electrical systems to ensure all site records are current and proper documentation is completed.
• Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards in the work area
• Ability to safely operate forklifts and manlifts
• Detailed knowledge of operations, maintenance, repair, and calibration of chemical process instrumentation and controls (for level, flow, pressure, temperature and analysis.)
• Knowledge of electronic process control systems, including programmable logic control (PLC) systems and the ability to troubleshoot and maintain these systems.
• Knowledge of electrical supply and distribution systems (motors, motor control center (MCC), transformers, lighting, wiring, etc.).
• Ability to read and troubleshoot electrical control schematics.
• Knowledge of safety regulations associated with a chemical operation
• Knowledge of safety practices and techniques relating to industrial manufacturing (LOTO, Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, Line Break)
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and respond to call-ins and impromptu overtime on nights and weekends
• Strong leadership and team skills
• Excellent problem solving and communications skills
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• High School Diploma or GED and 3 years of I/E Maintenance experience or a Two-year technical degree in an I/E Maintenance field.
• 3 years of PLC experience
• Experience with calibrating and configuring Instrumentation using HART based communicators.
• Knowledge of the NEC code. An understanding of working in electrically classified areas
• Ability to write and revise written job instructions.
• Working Knowledge of computers, MS Windows operating system, and email (i.e. Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Lotus Notes)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Title: Maintenance I/E Technician
Requisition ID: 2002627