BASF Maintenance Mechanic in Sparks, Georgia
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team— especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Maintenance Mechanic – 2101493 - Sparks, GA
BASF’s Crop Protection Site in Sparks, Georgia is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic who has mechanical aptitude, training, and the skills necessary to perform maintenance function on various plant infrastructures. The candidate will report to and receive work assignments, priorities, etc from the Maintenance Supervisor.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
•Perform preventive and/or predictive maintenance mechanical tasks, document findings and completion.
• Maintain, check, adjust, install, and repair every mechanical system in the plant, according to maintenance procedures and manufacturers recommendations using drawing, manuals, blueprints, and P& ID diagrams.
• Repair and install various piping systems and valves: including threaded, flanged, welded, glued, and compression
• Recommend changes to existing equipment, piping, or system in order to improve plant safety or reliability.
• Recommend tools, equipment, or methods to improve the safety or timeliness of system repairs.
• Support and endorse all company or regulatory standards in regard to ecology, health, and safety at the site.
• Complete Root Cause Failure Analysis investigations
• Reading Prints & Drawings
• Troubleshooting Techniques
• Pipe Fitting
• Pumps and Pump Systems
• Metal Working & Fabrication
• Bearing Installation / Lubrication
• Gears, Chains, Belts Drives Installation
• Ability to safely operate forklifts and man lifts
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose equipment failures.
• Knowledge of safety regulations associated with a chemical operation.
• Knowledge of safety practices and techniques relating to industrial manufacturing (LOTO,
• Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, Line Breaking).
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and respond to call-ins and impromptu overtime on nights and weekends.
• Strong leadership skills, team skills, and initiative.
• Working knowledge of computer systems.
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• High School Diploma or GED and a Minimum Four years work experience in an industrial / manufacturing setting OR two-year industrial maintenance related degree (technical, associates or certificates)
• Eight years work experience in an industrial / manufacturing setting.
• Knowledge of operation, maintenance, repair, and calibration of chemical process instrumentation and controls (Level, Flow, Pressure, and Temperature).
• Experience in Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Outlook
• Ability to write and revise job instructions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Requisition ID: 2101493