BASF Chemical Operator C in Spartanburg, South Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Chemical C Operator (2000054) – Spartanburg, SC
As a Chemical Operator, you will assist higher-level operators in all phases of production work. Common examples of daily job tasks are the following: weighing raw material, handling acids and caustics, unloading hazardous raw materials from railcars, transferring products from vessels to storage tanks, tanks, etc. drumming, operating a fork truck to transfer material, and performing housekeeping items. Additional duties are as follows:
• Type of work involves complex chemical reactions and operations with various types of equipment located on many levels, which requires a high degree of concentration during various phases of the operation.
• Operating procedures vary batch-to-batch and product-to-product and must be carefully followed to produce on spec material.
• Must be willing to work 12-hour rotating day/night shifts (06:45 AM to 07:00 PM and 06:45PM to 07:00AM) and required overtime.
• Willingness and ability to work outside in various weather conditions and perform the physical requirements of the job such as; wearing a full face respirator, wearing a fully encapsulated level A protection suit, bending, stooping, lifting up to 50lbs. routinely and 60lbs on occasion, climbing ladders, and working at various heights is required.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 years in a chemical manufacturing environment
• Associate’s degree in a technical field
• Proficiency in SAP
• Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
• DCS or PLC experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EMN/OS-Operations Management Mauldin/Whitestone-60002072
Title: Chemical Operator C
Requisition ID: 2000054