BASF Maintenance Technician - Spartanburg - White Stone Location in Spartanburg, South Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Maintenance Technician ( 2103250 ) - Spartanburg, SC (White Stone Location)
Where the Chemistry Happens...
Who Are We?
As the leading global chemical supplier for the personal care, home care, industrial and institutional cleaning industries, and technical applications in the agrochemical industry, BASF Care Chemicals is focused on partnering with customers to create innovative solutions with great speed and agility to meet the current and future needs of society in a more sustainable way. We are proud to contribute to the long-term success of our customers’ brands by offering a broad range of products and concepts such as common household items, like cosmetics, detergents and cleaners, as well as industrial products and processes like crop protection, rubber belts, hoses, concrete, and metal plating.
At Care Chemicals, we not only care about supporting our customers and achieving strong business results; we care about our team members. We aim to create a motivating, inspiring and inclusive work environment where all team members feel supported, heard and developed. Being part of our team means showing up every day to work collaboratively across functions to win for the overall success of the team. We value bringing diverse perspectives and backgrounds together to stretch our teams to think differently, challenge the status quo and problem solve for the greater good of our customers and society.
Come, be a part of our team and create Care chemistry with us.
Safely and efficiently maintains, trouble-shoots, repairs, and installs plant instrumentation, electrical, stationary and rotating equipment for all areas of the plant in an effort to improve reliability and minimize production downtime. Works with direction from supervision as necessary to perform highly accurate work. As a member of the Maintenance Team, required to interface with all departments including: Engineering (Process and Project), Operations, Logistics, and the Laboratory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in a safe manner, thus preventing injury to self or others and in compliance and strict adherence to site and company policies and practices
• Respond to plant reliability problems and needs during weekends and "off" hours, including the use of a cellular phone.
• Install, maintain, trouble-shoot, and repair industrial fixed, rotating, electrical, and instrumentation equipment such as pumps, valves, motors, and instrument transmitters
• Maintain utility equipment such as boilers and cooling towers through chemical treatment, testing, etc to provide reliable utilities for the safe and efficient operation of the plant process equipment
• Utilize tools, equipment, materials, methods, procedures, standards, and practices to repair, maintain, construct, and install stationary equipment such as piping, valves, and relief valves to eliminate and prevent leaks of potentially hazardous materials
• Utilize tools, equipment, materials, methods, procedures, standards, and practices to repair, maintain, and install both centrifugal and positive displacement pumps to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the equipment
• Utilize piping and instrumentation diagrams, connection diagrams, tubing diagrams, specifications and installation procedures to install, calibrate, diagnose, repair and perform preventive maintenance of process control instrumentation systems
• Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand a distributed control system to perform detailed preventative maintenance procedures to verify interlocks for OSHA Process Safety Management processes
• Follow the maintenance process requirements, which includes utilizing the maintenance management software (SAP) to identify equipment problems, obtain parts, document findings, track personal labor hours on jobs, capture repair history, etc.
• Utilize electrical drawings, instrumentation loop sheets, P&ID’s, and equipment records to perform efficient and accurate work. Also assists with the maintenance of this technical information
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma or GED and 3 years of Maintenance experience or a Two-year technical degree in a Maintenance field.
• Demonstrate maintenance technical skills such as trouble-shooting, instrumentation calibration/repair, rotating equipment maintenance/repair, electrical equipment knowledge, piping installation, etc.
• Strong level of basic computer skills
• Familiarity with hand tools and power tools
• Ability to operate mobile equipment - fork truck, aerial lifts, etc.
• Familiarity with engineering codes and standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EMN/OS-Operations Management Spartanburg-63002577
Title: Maintenance Technician - Spartanburg - White Stone Location
Requisition ID: 2103250