BASF Production Operator (Converse Site) in Spartanburg, South Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Production Operator – 2001641 – Spartanburg, SC (Converse Location)
Formula for Success: You Will…
A Production Operator in the Manufacturing Unit works from specific verbal and/or written instructions to operate the appropriate process equipment to produce a consistent product.
• Loads and unloads process equipment.
• Operates process equipment to maintain product within customer specifications.
• Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards in the work area.
• Follows all safety regulations.
• Operates forklift.
• Maintain lot integrity by keeping accurate batch/run sheets.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting of equipment
• Knowledge of safety regulations associated with a chemical operation.
• Knowledge of proper material handling procedures.
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Able to work in hot or cold environments
• Ability to stand extended amounts of time
• Ability to work 1 st , 2 nd and or 3 rd shift
• Adhere to established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
• Participate in incident investigations.
• Accomplish day-to-day and recurring EHS activities
• Safety suggestions
• Proactive hazard recognition and EHS issues
• Attend and participate in Safety meetings
• Waste management activities
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• A minimum of one year of work experience where you:
exhibited the ability to learn on the job and use provided equipment/tools
followed both written and verbal procedures/instructions
complied with operational and safety guidelines
demonstrated the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Manufacturing experience
• Experience operating a forklift
High school Diploma or GED (those not possessing a Diploma or GED will be required to obtain one (with tuition assistance available from BASF) before moving to any other role at BASF)
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: CCM/R-Refining Salts and Solutions-63025686
Title: Production Operator (Converse Site)
Requisition ID: 2001641