BASF Maintenance Group Leader - Vidalia, LA in Vidalia, Louisiana
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Maintenance Group Leader (1901014)– Vidalia, LA
Wherethe Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to lead the mechanical and E&I maintenance teams. In this role, you will ensure personnel follow safe work practices, procedures, and corporate policies. Duties of the role will include mechanical, electrical and instrumentation maintenance execution; maintenance, equipment reliability, resident contract maintenance interface; janitorial and grounds maintenance. You will ensure preventive maintenance is performed, and repair of equipment and process systems is performed according to regulatory and BASF standards. You will also confirm efficient and effective utilization of maintenance resources and equipment. To be successful in this role, you will be accountable for staying current on new technology and driving continuous improvement.
· Demonstrating your previous supervisory experience and your ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally), you will perform day to day supervision of mechanical and E/I maintenance team activities, including confirming that work schedules are carried out and modified as required. You will also ensure/enhance the skill development and advancement of maintenance personnel.
· Leveraging your degree or technical training and related maintenance and/or operations experience (preferably in a chemical or processing plant), you will participate in and implement MOCs (Management of Change), PSSRs (Pre-Startup Safety Review), PHAs (Process Hazard Analysis), PSM (Process Safety Management), and ISO processes as required.
· Your firm commitment to workplace health and safety will be evident as you comply with all environmental, safety, and health requirements, and foster an injury-free work place by promoting high safety and housekeeping standards. You will work to maintain team culture, execution, and performance that meets BASF expectations and is following plant procedures, EHS regulations, company policy, and legal requirements.
· Driving continuous improvement for plant equipment, you will develop and initiate preventive and predictive maintenance standards and best practices. This includes ensuring proper training of personnel, identifying gaps and assisting in planning to resolve issues.
· Your solid computer skills, including SAP and Microsoft applications, will be essential as you perform CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System (SAP)) tasks as required.
· Your strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities will be vital as you perform/assist with root cause failure analysis of equipment failures and implement corrective actions as required.
· Successfully collaborating across diverse workgroups to accomplish site and department goals, you will coordinate with Operations to accomplish tasks while minimizing disruption to the production.
· Working with a focus on efficiency, you will identify and implement cost savings and reliability improvement projects.
Leadership Expectations : As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for thecompany through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greaterpersonal success among our employees through quality people development,coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to helpemployees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Ourexpectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach theirfull potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities andmoves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Ourleaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally andexternally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment whichembraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF mustestablish and support our safety culture in which all accidents arepreventable.
CreateYour Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCP/OV-Production NA Vidalia-63017932
Title: Maintenance Group Leader - Vidalia, LA
Requisition ID: 1901014