BASF Statistics Scientist II- West Sacramento, CA in West Sacramento, California
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Statistics Scientist II (1805602) – West Sacramento, CA
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a professional like you to contribute to increasing the success rate in breeding and research programs through data-driven decision making. In this role, you will be responsible for the implementation of the statistics strategy by identifying quantitative genetics / breeding statistics opportunities in the organization and by building solutions that are readily accepted.
Formula for Success: You Will…
• Conduct research and contributes to research projects, technologies, publications, intellectual property, or trade secrets.
• Design, conduct, and interpret complex experiments
• Develop and implement research and/or technology-driven proposals
• Be the primary author for scientific reports
• Effectively communicate research findings
• Assume project leadership
• Apply defined scientific principles to solve complex scientific problems
• Exploit new developments from the scientific literature to aid in problem solving
• PhD with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience, or MS with minimum of 5 years relevant experience
• Knowledge of biostatistics, data science, quantitative genetics, statistical genetics or genomics with applications in (plant) breeding or plant biology and the technologies used in the seed industry
• Experience in experimental design and statistical analysis for complex data with R (must), SAS or Python in Unix/Linux and related data science techniques
• Experience in collaborating with professionals from different cultural backgrounds
• Team player with strong communication, data presentation, visualization and interpretation skills
• Self-motivating individual with excellent interpersonal skills: Drives Results, Collaborates, Customer focus, Plans & aligns,Cultivates innovation
• A network within the community of quantitative genetics / breeding statistics
• Excellent project management skills
• Language skills: English (fluent) and Spanish (preferred)
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. you@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
For further information on Agricultural Products with BASF, please select: BASF: Create Chemistry with the Agricultural Products Division
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: N-APN-Agricultural Solutions North America-60000060
Title: Statistics Scientist II- West Sacramento, CA
Location: CA-West Sacramento
Requisition ID: 1805602